Montecarlo R1 is the new car seat from Jané that's specially designed to adapt to each stage of your child's growth. Suitable for children between 15 - 36 kg, the Group 2 - 3 car seat has an integral adjustment system that allows both the seat's height and width to be altered for a perfect fit.
The Montecarlo R1 provides your child with complete lateral protection. Extension of the backrest adds height to the seat, while the sides of the headrest and lumbar area can be extended to increase width.
This car seat's aluminium structure improves protection by 70% when compared to a traditional system. But that's not all. The wraparound shape and larger sized headrest increases shock absorption caused by impact and offers greater cushioning. Tilting sides provide optimum support for a restful journey and the internal fabric is breathable to maximise comfort. The Montecarlo R1 also features aeration vents to ease your child's breathing and perspiration.
THE MONTECARLO R1 BY JANÉ, THE FIRST ISOFIX GROUP 2,3 CAR SEAT IN THE WORLD. The Montecarlo range also includes the brand new Montecarlo R1 car seat. Building on the functionality of the standard Montecarlo Basic, 'R1' is equipped with an ISOFIX anchoring system for the base of the seat, which combined with the child retention system, affords the seat greater stability.
Montecarlo R1 also features an adjustable back rest that can be altered to provide different reclining positions.This unique recline mechanism, unlike other car seats on the market, allows you to adjust the recline position even when your child is still in the car seat, allowing you to easily recline the seat without disturbing them when they fall asleep during longer journey.
Due to its ISOFIX connections, the Montecarlo R1 has an additional safety feature over all other traditional Group 2 & 3 car seats:- There's no need to strap the car seat in when empty, as its always connected by the ISOFIX. Very convenient when dropping your child off at school or the child minders. An empty, unrestrained car seat could cause fatal injury to other passengersFeature
- The Montecarlo R1is one of the easiest (if not the easiest) car seat you will ever fit. Remember a correctly fitted car seat is a safer car seat. Integral adjustment system - height adjustable by extension of backrest, width adjustable using sides of headrest and lumbar section, effectively protecting them during all stages of growth.
- The aluminium structure improves protection by 70% compared to traditional systems.
- Large wrap around headrest.
- Upholstered with breathable fabric
- Compatible with XTEND impact shield - Despite falling within the group 2 - 3 car seat category, both Montecarlo and Montecarlo Plus are compatible with a special safety system, the XTEND, that when installed makes the seat suitable for group 1 classification too.
- The reclining backrest of the 'R1' version is another ingenious touch. It can be moved from the upright position to a more comfortable reclining position at the touch of a lever, allowing your child to sleep peacefully on those longer journeys.
- Ergonomic design with aeration vents to allow the upholstery and your child to breathe. An innovative harness system affords total safety and protection around the neck area.
- Side impact tested, Impact approved - for total side protection for your child and greater comfort, the width of the sides of the headrest and the backrest lumbar area are independently adjustable.
- Converts into a booster seat.
- Independently tested and approved under new European Car Safety Standards ECE R44/04. This Future standard will be compulsory within 2 years. Adjustable armrests for increased comfort and safety. If your car doesn't have IsoFix connections,then you can still use the MONTECARLO R1 car seat in your car. In the future, if you then purchase a car with ISOFIX, you can then make use of the 'R1' features.
- Group 2,3. Suitable from 15kg to 36kg, (3 years to 12 years approx).
- Can also be used as a GROUP 1 car seat when used in conjunction with the XTEND Impact Shield accessory. Allowing it to do Groups 1,2 & 3 making it suitable from 9 -36kg, (9months to 12 years approx).
- Tested and approved to the future ECE R44/04 Safety Standards.
- Colour: Black
- Isofix Compatibility: Isofix & Belted
- Isize Compatibility?: No
- Child Weight Capacity: 15 - 36Kg